Sunday, January 17, 2010

My thoughts on Shinkenger.......AGAIN

Well, I don't think I told anyone, but I dropped Shinkenger after Episode 30. But I did stick around for Episode 36 (For Super ShinkenYellow since everyone else got their power up, and since I'm a big fan of Kotoha ^_^ and that episode made me hungry for curry! lol) Things were just boring to me. And I don't think I told anyone this either (and I may get some hate) but after the Decade/Shinkenger team-up and ShinkenGold's apperance, I just didn't even bother to watch anymore episodes.


I always thought the Super Shinken modes were a waste. They didn't really do much. The finishing attacks seemed kinda weak and the white cloths around them were kinda pointless, but perfect for a Samurai so I won't say anything else. Now, if they were a power up like Lights of Ginga, Abare Mode, S.W.A.T. Mode, Legend Magiranger, or Kageki, then I would be pleased. But this power up just doesn't seem all that great to me.


What I also don't like is how Takeru/ShinkenRed is getting all of the attention. I mean, he's getting just as much attention as Nick did in Mystic Force, which was something I didn't really like. And I don't mean to get off topic here, but I just LOVE how Sentai fanboys hate when Power Rangers (especially Disney's) does the whole "Red Ranger Focus" but yet when Sentai does it, everyone doesn't have a problem? What the hell? This is why I hate Sentai fanboys. But anyways, Takeru is getting more attention than any of the other Shinkengers. There isn't much character development for the others, especially Kotoha. Well from what I've seen so far.




Also, let me just say that the storyline is just dying out. Here's the storyline:
"For 18 generations, samurai of the Shiba House have suppressed the evil intentions of the Gedoushu, malevolent spirits that enter the world of the living from gaps between buildings and other structures. Now, the youngest head of the Shiba Clan must gather his four vassals in order to battle the Gedoushu as the Shinkengers."

I mean, its basic stuff, and I don't mind it. But still, the storyline is just weak. And I know Power Rangers hasn't had the best storylines either, like MMPR for example. But I don't mean to sound like a Sentai fanboy here but Sentai usually has better storylines than Power Rangers. Even Go-Onger, a very childish Sentai, had a more reasonable story than this.



 But aside from all those things I've said, I have seen the episodes with the Female ShinkenRed. A first for Sentai. The episodes weren't bad. They kinda reminded me of Timeranger/Time Force, where Ryuya/Alex return and then pass the changer/morpher back to Tatsuya/Wes.



As an overall, I see nothing interesting about Shinkenger to me. The main reason really, why I don't like Shinkenger, is because I just don't think Samurais and Rangers mix well together. I mean, I didn't/couldn't even get into Hurricanger/Ninja Storm and I haven't seen Kakuranger yet and I can't really get into Shinkenger. Recently however, I have rewatched the first two episodes again. And have decided to give Shinkenger a second chance. I'm going to rewatch all of what I've already seen and missed, and hopefully stick around till the end. But as of now, my opinion on Shinkenger stands as not my favorite =/

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Shinkenger has been quite a slow season.

    And don't worry about calling yourself a fanboy. Fanboys aren't a bad thing. Its just most are annoying. So don't worry about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%, MegaPurple. I'd pick Hurricanger over Shinkenger anyday. Both are alright but Shinkenger IMO sucks.

    Speaking of fanboys, you may wanna read my new blog.

    ReplyDelete