Sunday, August 1, 2010

Final Thoughts on MMPRv2


The reversion for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is pretty much over now, so I wanted to give my final thoughts.


The new opening sequence wasn't a bad change, actually. The only graphic I didn't like from the opening was the Rangers posing with the words "Go Go" around them.

 
People complained about the Batman-like graphics. I was bothered by this. It was totally unnecessary. That last one just irks me...so, so much.


I didn't mind the pauses and changes in the background. They were actually pretty cool looking. Although the last one kinda gives you a headache just by looking at it right? Hahaha.


I really didn't like how they would foreshadow and recap what were about to see and what we just saw. It was annoying, even for the first time.


The ones above are ones I felt that were really unnecessary. When Jason does a kick, the viewer is flipped? The pink power coin shows up unexpectedly? And the last one showing us telling us what the zord was...totally pointless.


Also, the Dance Off was a complete waste of time. But anything to fill up the time they have right?


These ones I thought were pretty cool, actually. They helped improve the show a little bit. I always liked the idea of Ranger profiles as a commercial bumper.

So, the reversion is terrible, but some graphics are good in a way. I most certainly won't miss it, but it gave me something to look forward to at the end of each week. Now I'll be looking forward to watching older seasons and new episodes every Sunday and Saturday on Nicktoons and Nickelodeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment