Monday, June 14, 2010

Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Some, not many, of my friends know that I am a big fan of the Mortal Kombat franchise. Recently, Warner Bros. Studios is looking to start production on a reboot of 1995 film Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon has indicated that the next game in the series would be shooting for an M rating. "People want an M-rated MK....dammit we will give them an M-rated MK." This would surely do the trick.


Reader Kev directed the video, featuring a realistic new take on the Mortal Kombat franchise that has more in common with movies like suspense and horror films like Seven and Saw than anything resembling the campy video game to film adaptations we've seen in the past. This footage from what looks to be the next Mortal Kombat game or movie trailer is brutal, disgusting, and perfect. This is way too much star power for a fan project. Hopefully there will be more information on this soon. Considering the timing of this trailer, however, we might hear more as E3 quickly approaches.

3 comments:

  1. lol hey. Have you seen my blog? Can you post your e-mail in my new post so I can send you that invite. Congratulations btw. :D

    ON-TOPIC::

    I've never actually been a fan of Mortal Kombat. Though I did enjoy the first ever game.

    ReplyDelete