Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Power Rangers does NOT have to follow the original material!

Ugh! Ok. I got into this argument with this person who prefers Sentai over Power Rangers but they claim that they only liked Lost Galaxy-Wild Force JUST because it either followed Sentai's tone or followed the original material, which I think is a stupid reason. Yes, those seasons were great, but still is a stupid reason. And this person DOES hate Disney's. They claim that Power Rangers needs to be like Sentai, the tone atleast. Power Rangers does NOT have to follow the Sentai material. There isn't a rule saying Power Rangers has to go by what Sentai does.

When Power Rangers does its own original thing, its sometimes better, hence why I really liked the Zordon arc, Lost Galaxy, and RPM better. That's right, I said it. When Power Rangers follow the Sentai material, its nothing new really. Just a translation of what we already saw, one year ago! It's unoriginal. It's just copying and pasting, which some bitch about. Power Rangers has to be toned down for a reason, cause it's a kids show. Sentai is too, but over in Japan, people don't give two craps about all the stuff that happens. Power Rangers was always meant for kids, and always will be too.

This person also hopes that Saban will produce Power Rangers. Dude, if you're reading this, let me tell you something: Disney will NEVER and I mean NEVER, sell Power Rangers no matter what! Saban is gone, get over it. Move on with Sentai if you have to then. Seriously, the whole "Disney hate" is getting OLD. You are not a real fan. And I may sound like a Power Rangers fan right now, some of you may think of me as that, but I really don't care what you label me as. Cause no one knows the real me, I'll still like and dislike Sentai here and there, same with Power Rangers. Love or hate me, it's your choice.

I'm sorry for this, I was just really pissed and needed to get it off my chest.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that that happened to you.

    Yeah, I agree. Power Rangers doesn't need to follow the original material. Power Rangers chose to be original, as well as its own show since MMPR. And yeah, that's way more interesting than the copy/paste method of some seasons.

    Most people disagree with me. But I always treat Sentai and PR as two completely different shows. Just as much as how Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Metal Heroes are all different shows. I don't consider Sentai and PR to share the same throat. Most people would often say "SS/PR." I don't. To me, it really limits any fun that can come out of any of the franchises. It would be like saying "SS/KR/MH/PR." Boring.

    Btw Megapurple. I know I don't know you in real life, but I think you are a Power Rangers fan. You like Power Rangers right? You even made this blog for it. That would make you a fan. And being a fan isn't a bad thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes. I am a fan of Power Rangers. But when I mean Power Rangers fan, I meant fan of Power Rangers that is either not interested in or hates Sentai, Kamen Rider, and other types of Toku. I mean, I DO talk about Power Rangers a lot more, but I still like other Toku as well.

    I'm not like the people on RangerBoard. Trust me, there's so many haters on that forum it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RangerBoard? I've heard of it. But never visited.

    Anyway, I apologize for my misinterpretation of your "Power Rangers fan." Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people don't know either so it's ok(:

    Take my advice: DO NOT GO TO RANGERBOARD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did my comment on your previous post provoke you, Megapurple? My dearest apologies.

    Like I told you before, Zeo was probably the most disloyal PR seasons ever to Sentai. But it's actually one of my favorite series' out there. I, myself, didn't enjoy Wild Force. People say it's the most loyal series out there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't you DancingAlienDude, it was someone else whose name will not be mentioned. He was a purist to put it that way.....always thought that original is better. That's why the person liked Lost Galaxy-Wild Force, cause it followed it's Sentai counterpart.

    And the funny thing is, it WASN'T original, it was basically translated Sentai!

    ReplyDelete